Yes, Nannyversary. That's what my charges call it. For me, March was my personal Nannyversary ... 21 years in a career that I love.
Five families, 10 children, five states (New Jersey was twice), and thousands of memories to treasure.
A few highlights of my career ...
- 21 years ago, my starting salary was $180 a week + benefits.
- Nanny Support Groups were still new, few and far between. Today, we have many and I'm proud to be the President of ADCAN - the longest running nanny support group in the country.
- I was honored the 1997 INA Nanny of the Year.
- Speaking at numerous conferences, sharing my experiences, wisdom and knowledge with other nannies.
- Being part of the development team of Regarding Nannies.
- Serving on the board of the International Nanny Association.
- Being a part of five wonderful families, sharing in their families and watching the children grow to be amazing individuals.
A hundred years from now, it will not matter the car I drove, the house I lived in or the clothes I wore, but what will matter is that I was important in the life of a child. ~Anonymous